8.20.2012

{Post-Birthday Week} Daybook





August 20, 2012


Outside my window...
Sunny, but much cooler day.  89 degrees at 4:15.  Loving the almost-early-fall-type weather!



I am thinking...
About how glad I always am when "Birthday Week" is over!  It's non-stop fun having two girls with birthdays six days (well, 2 years and six days :)) apart, but oh-so-exhausting!  Especially when this is always such a busy time of year otherwise! We had great fun Saturday celebrating our Em's birthday...birthday shopping in Hobby Lobby twice in one week was a little crazy...our girls are so different!  Bayley had had planned for months EXACTLY what she was buying, and immediately bought everything on her list.  Emlyn bought a few things she really, really wanted, but has saved over half of her birthday money.  Last year she finished spending her birthday money the following February after Ammah Grace's birthday. :)



I am thankful...
for a great day at Grace yesterday...wonderful time of worship, "surprise" birthday lunch for Bro. Gary, and the beginning of our new study in 1 Peter on Sunday afternoon.  SO excited about this study!! (Local friends...if you don't have a place to worship, feel free to message me for more information about Grace Lavaca, or click on the link to learn more.  We'd love to have you!)

I am remembering...
Sweet time Friday with Oak Cliff friends for Bro. Gary Don's funeral meal...sad for everyone who misses him, but celebrating that he is singing in Heaven now!  We didn't end up helping much, but God knew that I needed to be there for a couple of encouraging conversations I needed at just that time.  



In the kitchen...
Having a BLAST with our new oven.  (More about it tomorrow, I hope!  Check back then, or subscribe in the box in the sidebar. :)) So thankful that the sweet gift brought with it cooler weather...I've been baking up a storm.  I still have a whole list of things we can't wait to cook again. :)  It's making Pinterest a WHOLE different world now...our oven had been out since before Pinterest came to be, so I've always looked at so many of the recipes on there and thought, "I can't cook that!"  Now I'm going back to find all the things I've seen and wanted to try and adding them to my "to cook" list! 



I am creating...
plans and schedules for the fall, oh my! :)



I am going...
heading out with Billy and the kids soon for a library run and a trip to my mom's for Emlyn's birthday cake.   



I am reading...
an advance copy of Mary DeMuth's book Everything.  So hoping to get a lot of things done for the launch team this week, and looking forward to posting more about the book here on the blog, as well. 



I am hoping...
that the super-hot weather is over for the summer.  I'm loving the {somewhat} cooler weather, and would LOVE to have an early {and LONG} fall this year!



I am looking forward to...
Homeschool Mom's Renew tomorrow night on homeschooling boys, presented by two ladies I admire so much.  Looking forward to the information and the fellowship! 



I am learning...
I think I may have posted this in my last Daybook, but I am learning so much in the Bible Study I'm doing right now on obedience. The running theme is that obedience is ALWAYS connected to blessing.  Why then do we so often connect it with drudgery? 



Around the house...
We've done a BUNCH of decluttering in the kitchen lately, but need to do more.  I'm ready to attack this dining room/schoolroom very soon.  



I am pondering...
some changes here on the blog.  Keep an eye peeled! 



A favorite quote for today...
May the variegated glories of creation not be looked at to fill your heart, but be fingers pointing you to the one satisfying glory; God. ~ Paul David Tripp 
Love that!! Not worshiping the creation, but letting it point us to God.  



One of my favorite things...
seeing my children dig into the Word.  Bay has started a new Bible Study she is SO excited about, and we've had some neat discussions about it. What a blessing!



A few plans for the rest of the week:
Birthday photoshoot with the girls tomorrow, homeschool moms' meeting tomorrow night, church at Oak Cliff Wednesday night, and then *hopefully* a calm and productive Thursday before our two-week shopping trip on Friday. 



A peek into my week..

Bro. Gary's birthday lunch yesterday. :)

The view across the highway from our little church...Love it!



Linking up with The Simple Woman's Daybook today...


No comments: