8.11.2014

Simple Woman's Daybook {Birthday Week Edition}



Outside my window...
Sunny and hot! But not as hot as usual for this time of year. I am ever-so-thankful for that!!

I am thinking...
I need about 5 more hours in this day! ;-)

I am thankful...
For my husband, who continually sacrifices to love his family as Christ loved the church.
For my children, especially as we prepare to celebrate two of their birthdays in the next week, and I see their siblings' determination to make sure that their days are extra-special.
For our church and the work God is doing there.
For friends who sharpen and encourage and pray and laugh and share.

In the kitchen...
Lots of special treats in the works for the upcoming birthdays!
Also getting back on track with menus, reducing food waste, and eating healthier. Hope to post more about that soon. :)
And learning all kinds of ways to use chia seeds, one of my new obsessions. :)

I am creating...
bits of birthday everywhere! :)

I am going...
shopping with my son this afternoon, and with the little girls tonight. Fun times! 

I am looking forward to...
 getting back to the gym Wednesday! We managed to get there 3 times last week (4 if you count going twice in one day) by the skin of our teeth, but we didn't get to go at all over the weekend, and today and tomorrow are out, too. Last time I went four days between workouts, I said I'd never do that again...I feel SO much better when I am getting there at least every couple of days. 

I am reading...
Wrestling Prayer, by Eric and Leslie Ludy. I'm just a short way into it, but it's already challenging and convicting me. 
I am remembering...
Shark Week! 13 and 15 years ago, Emlyn and Bayley were both born during Shark Week! We didn't have cable (still don't), so Billy got to watch Shark Week at the hospital.  That was a treat for him. :)  Mostly, though, remembering all the details of these amazing girls coming into the world and the joy and laughter they've brought to us since! 

I am looking forward to...
Fall!! This is the time of year Daddy would be giving us the daily countdown til cooler weather. :) Fall is my favorite season, and with the wetter-than-usual summer we've had, hopefully it will be an exceptionally colorful one!

I am learning...
How to use my new phone. :)  I have finally entered the world of the smartphone, and finding it useful (and fun!) in so many ways. Planning a Tech Tuesday post about that soon!

Around the house...
Right now, the house is erupting in birthday chaos, with a bit of kitchen reorganization and school year prep added it. Plans for some serious decluttering and reorganization as soon as birthday week is over. 
Bayley's getting a headstart on things for us, though...she reorganized the two shelf units we use as pantry storage last week.  So thankful for her hard work and organizational skills!

I am pondering...
my blogging, or lack thereof, lately. I have Pew Ponderings, Fitness Friday, Tech Tuesday, and lots of other posts on queue, just haven't had a minute to finalize and post lately.  Determined to remedy that this week! 

A favorite quote for today...
 "If we had the power to live up to God's standard, the Holy Spirit wouldn't need to live within us to constantly empower us."
~Paul David Tripp 

One of my favorite things...
 TKD Belt Testing. I need to write a whole post on this with pictures, but Bayley had belt testing last week. She is now a yellow belt!!  I never thought I would enjoy sitting through several hours of belt testing, but it's become one of my favorite things. :)  Lots more to say about that, but no time now, so hopefully another post soon. :)



A few plans for the rest of the week:
Birthday prep!
School prep!
Normal chores, church, TKD, etc.

A peek into my day...

 
These aren't from today (!), but I came across them today while looking for photos for various birthday uses. :)
 
Thanks to Peggy for hosting the Simple Woman's Daybook! Please visit her for more info and to see what others are doing this week! 



If a post or posts on Ponderings of an Elect Exile has been a blessing to you, would you do me a huge favor?  Please share the link to Ponderings with your friends using the social media share buttons below or the "pin it" button above.  Thank you! 

***
  Welcome to Ponderings of an Elect Exile!  

Whether you are new here or a faithful friend and regular reader, I'm glad you're here!  
If you aren't already following, I'd love to have you join us for the 2014 Ponderings.  It's easy to do, in a variety of ways!  
You can follow via  Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest, or  find me on Instagram as Jenbh68. You can also sign up in the sidebar to receive new posts by email.   

No comments: